Monday 1 October 2012

Mirror Mirror on the Wall...

I have some new work to show you...well I would do if I could think of a way to photograph it without seeing my own image reflected in it!

I made these mirrors as part of the Cornwall Design Fair curated exhibition in August, I LOVED doing them and will be exploring this route more thoroughly in the future. They were made as a response to Trerife House where the design fair is held. The Le Grice family who own the house have a huge love of horses (as do I you may have noticed) so it seemed natural to theme the work that way. I was also given what is known as 'the pink room' in the house to display my work in (yep, I could use horses AND pink, it doesn't really get any better for me. Really.) which is a beautiful Georgian pink and full pretty antiques and an amazing ornate mirrored wardrobe, see pics on their website if you like --> www.trereifepark.co.uk

Anyway, so now I am trying to photograph them and it isn't easy! If anyone has any suggestions I would be happy to hear them...Here's a peek for now. Stay tuned for better pictures sometime soon. I hope...

Mirrors Mirror Close Up 2 Mirror Close Up 1 Mantlepiece

2 comments:

Charis said...

I know this isn't helpful but I actually quite like the pictures!

Eugenie said...

I am fascinated! really, I cannot get my eyes from the first picture. Simply magic!