Friday 20 May 2011

29 Project Update: Days 351 - 357

Sorry for the lack of updates this last week or so...It's been a funny old time getting over jet-lag (up with the sparrows most days, most unlike me), worrying about my brother, and his girlfriend who is also very poorly too (Get well and come home soon Mo xxx), generally trying to get back into work, and then scuppering all that by whizzing off to All Tomorrow's Parties for the weekend!

Anyway, I am back on it now...I can't believe how few 29 project pictures I have left to take, my birthday is on Monday! I thought I would update you until the last week, and then you can have a complete last week in one go...

29 project: Days 351 - 357...

Day 351: Monday 9th May - Ginger fail. It almost rivals Carrotgate back at Christmas time where I ordered 3.5kg of carrots instead of 350g. I don't know what happened here, but I only needed 3cms of ginger. Woops!
Day 351 - Ginger Fail

Day 352: Tuesday 10th May - Sketching with Printing. I had cleared most of my admin from the holiday and I decided after so many weeks not doing much making at all, I really, really, really needed a day doing just creative stuff. So I played with some screens and some colours and sat down with some books and had a great afternoon.
Day 352 - Sketching with Printing

Day 353: Wednesday 11th May - Miniature Forest. Loving the garden at the moment (though you may have noticed I always love the garden, it's just that this time of year is so special...)
Day 353 - Miniature Forest

Day 354: Thursday 12th May - ATP Fodder. The night before All Tomorrow's Parties festival and for once I am being organised about food, rather than stopping at Indie Tesco in Minehead right before we get into the festival and queuing at the checkout for ages with loads of other festival peeps buying beer and crisps and pizza.
Day 354 - ATP Fodder

Day 355: Friday 13th May - Shoot 'em up at ATP. We did watch some bands, but in between times there was some gravitating towards the arcade machines and bowling and hanging out in the chalet...
Day 355 - Shoot em up at ATP

Day 356: Saturday 14th May - Quack Quack....and also between seeing bands we did some feeding the ducks...
Day 356 - Quack Quack

Day 357: Sunday 15th May - Watching Bands. Well, I have to be honest and thought that musically this was the worst ATP I have ever been to (and I have been to a lot of them in the last 10 years). Despite that, I had such a fun time hanging out with some good buddies and it was a fun weekend. There were some gems in the line up, Beach House were my favorites and Actress and Omar S played some really fun sets too. I really want to go to the Christmas Battles/caribou one too this year...we shall see!
Day 357 - Watching Bands

Right folks, the next 29 Project update will be the last...a week all in one go! I can't quite believe it has been nearly a year...

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Carrotgate...haha...brilliant. It's so easy to over or under order on an online shop eh? My Dad once ordered 30 bananas instead of 3 once. It was ridiculous.

Becca said...

Ah, dads and t'interweb. Mine once ordered a kilo of Gulab Jamun mix instead of 1 small sachet. He'd only wanted to try it out...

But what I really wanted to share was that I recently found out you can freeze ginger and just break off a bit to grate/slice when you need it, and it's perfectly fine. It's still easy to peel and cut through when it's frozen too. Just don't defrost a whole bunch to use later or it will go to a gross mush, which would probably also be fine but it's kind of off-putting.

Also, loving the new prints :)

Lee May Foster-Wilson said...

Becca - I did not know that! At least all that ginger won't go to waste now, thank you :)