Wednesday 5 May 2010

Three. and. a. half. weeks...

Yep, in three and a half weeks time I shall be a married woman...oh my! It doesn't seem like that long ago that I first mentioned it here and I keep thinking back to what I was doing three and a half weeks ago and that seems like it was yesterday.

I have a feeling that the 29th is going to come and go in the blink of an eye, and am trying to enjoy this whole getting ready for a wedding thing...even the more stressful aspects, though of which there doesn't seem to have been many. Yet!

Anyway, I always thought that invites are the first thing a guest will see about a wedding and so kind of set the tone. I really wanted to hand make ours and screen printed them onto recycled card. They went out wth a little A6 inkjet printed RSVP card with the cutest powder pink A6 return envelope. The info was printed on pink recycled paper and the whole lot packaged in a merry looking Kingfisher blue envelope...

They aren't the most extravagant invites I have seen in my wedding research, but the are simple and pretty and give a good idea of the relaxed festivities to come...(in THREE AND A HALF WEEKS! Goodness!)

10 comments:

Claire said...

I love them! They have a really nice tone and I think you're dead right in saying they set the tone for the event - hard to do!

Obviously I don't you in "real life" but they feel like they represent you really well :)

Unknown said...

Fantastic! They look really great!

Teasemade said...

Oh perfect! I'm a fan of your printing on the brown anyway makes for a lovely card. Love the bird saying 'yay' and the little fella perched on the rsvp card, cute. One can never have too many birdies especially yours. Not long now!!!

harriet gray said...

oo thses are gorgeous! i love the song request!! x

Anonymous said...

those really are are of the loveliest invites I have seen :)

Lee May Foster-Wilson said...

Thanks everyone, I'm really pleased with how they came out...just got to make everything else pretty now!!!

danielleyc said...

These invitations are adorable :D
And conratulations too :D hope you have an AMAZING wedding day :)

Unknown said...

congratulation! these invites are completely fantastic
i love them
you are a true artist
best wished to you and the groom!
xo

Caro said...

Hi,

I think your invites look great! Really cool and simple and different from the cream cards that most folks seem to go for!

Caro

Hobbsy said...

Beautiful