Tuesday 26 January 2010

Canvassing...

It was a very lovely surprise last week to discover that some kind soul had nominated me for the Poppytalk blog's virtual design awards, The Poppies! The purpose of the award is to bring attention to all of the great handmade wares and artists out there, which is a very good thing indeed.

I have been nominated in the categories of Affordable Art Artist and Favorite Handmade Textiles and would love, love, LOVE your vote if you haven't voted already...You can vote for me (BONBI FOREST) in Affordable Art, HERE! and Handmade Textiles, HERE! You can vote once in each category per IP address until tomorrow...Thank you so much!!!!

In other news, this year I have decided that I will be working along the lines of a theme a month, creating new drawings, artwork, jewels and prints along my chosen theme for the month and updating the shop with all of the goodies. I only decided to start doing this a couple of weeks ago so the amount of work I have for the January theme is a little thin, but as a start I have been working along the theme of Love, what with Valentines day impending and so forth...

The little lovebirds drawings I have made - and the forthcoming cards I have been wittering about - were done with this in mind, and I have been painting with ye olde Gouache again (more on that at a later date). I will also be adding some more of the lovely I Love You Letter Envelope Lockets to go in the store too, of which there is a sneak peek of them blooming some pretty blooms and awaiting the transformation into necklaces below...

The shop update WILL be happening this week (I promise!) and I will also be holding a little giveaway to coincide with it. Stay tuned peeps, stay tuned.

I already have a theme decided for February, but if you have any ideas of themes I could incorporate throughout the year I'd love to hear your thoughts?!

2 comments:

dawn said...

I have signed up to these guys,

http://www.illustrationfriday.com/

people send them theme ideas, and each week they post a theme out to people. I haven't actually done any yet, but I do have a folder full of themes to wander through in case I ever have a block.

Lee May Foster-Wilson said...

ooh, thank you! I will check that out in case I have any blocks too :)